Wednesday 8 December 2010

Just the two of us


I have to admit that only half of my ruminations over the internet are for other people's gifts.  A sizeable part of my activities are done with me in mind - but I'm feeling rather divided over my Christmas wish list.

~  Should I plump for the beautiful Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine, with its complex, artful dishes or David Thompson's Thai Street Food, which I actually stand a chance of cooking from?

Lip Tease or Drip Tease? Both would be lovely to sup my morning coffee from.  I'm leaning slightly towards the gilded lip...

~  I love old-fashioned florals so it's difficult to choose between rose or violet dark chocs from Rococo.

At least Rob Ryan's His 'n' Her Mugs give no room for equivocation - they're a perfect pair.  Ryan always manages to weave touching messages into his work that should be a little nauseating but somehow melt your heart instead.  And it's sweet that these two only spell out their message when they're together; what better way to tell a loved one that without you, I'm nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...