Thursday 14 July 2011

Ciao bella!


Finally! For one glorious week I will be leaving London for the sunny shores of Italy. I'm off tomorrow for my bi-annual trip to the Venice Biennale to see what the contemporary art world has been up to since I allowed it to slip down the back of the sofa in 2009.

As always, I will be travelling firstly for my devotion to culture (cue halo), with the continuous rumble of my stomach coming a very close second in deciding how I spend my days. This trip will bring my first cicchetti crawl – a thorough interrogation of the many bàcari (bars) that litter the backstreets of Venice, away from the burger joints and tourist traps of San Marco square. Hopefully I will be able to recommend a few gems when I return. Till then, enjoy the sun wherever you are – happy holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Have an amazing time! I absolutely adore Venice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...